I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
John Burroughs

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Forgive me...a tea rant....

 OK. I'll admit it. I am a bit of a 'tea granny'. I love a good cuppa. I've cut out coffee, and I drink herb teas, but at least once a day, I enjoy a cup of the real stuff. If in a hurry,  just a bag in a cup with boiling water poured over it, or if more leisurely, a steeped cup (or two) in a wee tea pot I have just for that.

So, this morning, after our run of beautiful fall days, the weather is a little grey and overcast, with rain falling very early, I brewed a cup. Seeing that the tea canister on the counter was down to 2 bags, I retrieved a new box from the stores cupboard and opened it. It was Salada. I'd recently had a cup of tea with a neighbour, and liked the flavour of her tea. That was the brand.

Well...here comes the rant...Why are tea companies starting to put their tea in plastic tea bags??? The Salada box contained plastic bagged tea!


I love Red Rose tea, “only in Canader you say?”, but they started the plastic tea bag thing and I dropped them. Obviously these people have no taste.

I was layering manure and chopped leaves on a couple of my garden beds yesterday, and what should come floating to the top as I turned it over, but those nasty little un-compostable plastic tea bags.

Tetley is still in paper bags so that is what we have been buying. Tea companies...listen up....stop with the bloody plastic!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you and that just doesn't make sense these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic everywhere is my pet peeve. I could rant on and on about it!

    ReplyDelete