I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
John Burroughs

Monday, October 26, 2020

And so, it begins....

This morning I awoke to a lot of yipping and howling very close. It seemed to be right across the road. I opened the window wide and answered....Don't know what I said, but the coyotes shut up and no more was heard!!! 

This is the view of my gardens now. It has started to snow. Yeah!

Earlier last week, I pulled up my second planting of carrots. They are beautiful. Only one was a little weird.


I've been working on the winter's supply of kindling. I do a wagon load a day, and store it in the barn for retrieval as needed.

The parsnips have been leaf covered and weighted down with hardware cloth and rocks, so the gardens are all ready for Mother Nature's blanket.



6 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful carrots. Glad you are all set and ready for the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its still coming down, but doubt that it will stay this time...soon though!

      Delete
  2. I have never had much luck - well, any luck - with carrots. Yours are wonderful! We are forecast for our first snow on Friday - I am not ready, but I am never ready. I am now going to go read all your past posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. Most of the snow has melted, but there are still white highlights here and there. You have set yourself a grueling task! Have a piece of stemmed glassware in hand, full...and follow it with a big mug of java...and toothpicks..for propping open the peepers!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosalea :) The coyotes are yipping a lot lately around here too and later in the mornings! We haven't had snow yet (knock on wood)...but it's so chilly! I love your funky looking carrots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rain: Ditto on the coyotes here. Rain with 'attitude' today, but the snow has melted.

      Delete