I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
John Burroughs

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Random bits.....

Our Weather Network is showing a red screen, forecasting snow, up to 15 cm., starting later today and continuing into Monday morning. The sky is overcast and grey, the air is still, and the temperature is just below freezing. There is a sense that nature is waiting.... 

I'm wondering if I am to blame, as I just hung my winter door wreaths!


I have a batch of bread rising in the warmth by the stove, and  while waiting, I am knitting. Just starting up the leg of these interminable socks for Hubby. He likes long legs. I'll switch to my double points, now that the gussets and heels are finished. They'll go quickly as they are just a simple rib pattern with a bit of shaping.

I hauled out the 'Christmas Box', a Rubbermaid bin that I have been tossing finished gift items into throughout the year. Its pretty meager, but I do have socks for one of the men on my list, and one pair for a friend, as well as random dish cloths to tuck in here and there.

One of my crafting friends is big into crocheting, but is always looking for her hooks, so I made her a simple 'quilt sandwich' case to help her get organized.


I made this one for myself quite a while ago, and it very conveniently keeps all my hooks together in one place.

Its time to start planning all the family's traditional Christmas baking, and  building a grocery list for the extras required. Now that the roads will become more 'iffy', who knows when our next shopping trip will be!

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds pretty much perfect if you ask me. Bundle up, stay warm, and enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No trouble staying warm, Martha. Just wish the weather would make up it's mind!!

      Delete